Expediting is an inspection activity to ensure the clients that their ordered goods will be shipped on time and the vendor would be supplying the ordered goods in accordance with the scope of contract, specifications, standards, etc.
The scope of Expediting includes, but is not limited to, the following items:
- Checking Requirements (all information relevant to the project)
- Checking Orders
- Checking Delivery dates
- Checking Technical Documents, Drawings, Part lists, etc.
- Checking Materials and Accessory status
- Checking Manufacturing and production plan
- Checking Painting and protection
- Checking Packaging
- Checking Inspection procedures
- Checking Documentation
- Checking Shipping status Progress evaluation to make sure the delivery dates are met